Peachy Oat Bread (jar mix)

I only make recipes that I think will taste good, but to be honest with you, this recipe blew me away.  The nuts and oats make it hearty and filling, and I just love the peach flavor.  So you're in for a treat!

This delicious peachy oat bread is the second in the Jar Mix series I'm running here from now through December.  This recipe was adapted from Natalie's Peach Crisp Bread over at Super Healthy Kids.  This recipe is shelf-stable, including the ingredients you add for baking!  Woot!

As I mentioned in May, I'll be sharing jar mixes each month from now (last month, really) through December to give you some great ideas for gift-giving to neighbors and friends.  I love the idea of giving a meal in a jar because it's such a time-saver for the recipient during a busy time of year.  I have had more than one friend tell me how perfect the meal in a jar was!  I'm sure this bread in a jar will be no different.

Plus, these are easy to make ahead for yourself, too.  Pull out a jar for a quick meal or a quick treat, or even in an emergency.  (Snow days seems so far away!)

IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT THIS JAR MIX:  
  • Jar mixes should be used within about a year unless you seal them (like with a FoodSaver and the jar attachment) or use oxygen absorbers.  
  • You can purchase all of the ingredients in this Peachy Oat Bread at your local grocery store. 
  • If you decide to gift this the way I have pictured, use a piece of fabric about 6"x6".
  • Eggs, butter, and milk will be mixed in to the jar mix when making this bread.  You can find suggestions for pantry-friendly substitutions for these fresh ingredients here if you want a fully shelf-stable version of this recipe.  I made this recipe that way (using shelf-stable ingredients only) and it was delicious.
PEACHY OAT BREAD

PREP TIME (making the jar mix):  10 minutes
COOK TIME:  45-50 minutes


JAR MIX INGREDIENTS
In a wide-mouth quart jar, layer in order, tamping down to help the ingredients settle (as needed):
  • 1 c. wheat flour
  • 1/2 c. white flour
  • 1/4 c. brown sugar
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. baking soda
  • 3/4 c. diced dried peaches
  • 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
  • 3/4 c. rolled oats (not quick-cooking)
  • 1/2 c. pecans (optional)

Directions have been adjusted slightly from those shown here.  See directions below.

COOKING DIRECTIONS
Attach to the jar using a sticker or tag:
In a mixing bowl, cream together 1/2 c. softened butter, 2 eggs, and 1 tsp. vanilla.  Add jar ingredients and 1  1/4 c. milk, mixing on low until well-blended.  Spray an 8x4 loaf pan with cooking spray.  Pour batter in loaf pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.


Try this recipe, then comment and let me know how you like it!  And Pin it to Pinterest to save and share using the image below.


To print this recipe, hit the "print" button below.  If you don't see the print button, scroll back up and click on the title of this blog post, then scroll back down and you'll find the button below.

Hooray!  This post was a featured favorite here:


26 comments:

  1. I love to give homemade gifts and this one is terrific. Bernadette, http://newclassicrecipe.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do, too, Bernadette. This is really yummy, but I also love it for Christmas when people are often inundated with treats--they can make the bread in January! :) Thanks for stopping by and for the comment.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It really is, Joanne. I hope you'll try it. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  3. Jennifer, this sounds amazing! Thank you for sharing the recipe with us.

    Visiting from Will Blog For Comments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stephanie. I'm glad you checked it out.

      Delete
  4. The bread looks amazing and I love the flavor combination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carol. Yes, the flavor combination is so delicious. I love this bread. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. This would make such a lovely gift. Thank you for sharing on SSPS, I hope to see you again next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really think it does! It's yummy, but it's also something the gift recipient can make any time they want. Thanks for visiting and for the comment, Estelle. I'll see you next week.

      Delete
  6. YUM!! Thanks so much for linking up at the #UnlimitedLinkParty 140. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds great, and I love the idea of the jar bread. What a great gift idea! I'd love to invite you to share on Tell It Me Tuesday, you can find this weeks here: https://perfectlyimperfect-lwl.com/tell-it-to-me-tuesday-24-11-28-23-link-party/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Lyndsey--I love this idea, too. It's yummy and so neat to gift. Happy to share at TTMT. :)

      Delete
  8. What a beautiful gift idea, I visited you via GMA’SPHOTO | GE•NER•IC LINKUP PARTY #10
    I linked up this week with = 9+10. Hope you will join us M-S SeniorSalonPitStop and W-S #WordlessWednesday. You will find it under BLOGGING

    ReplyDelete
  9. This would make a wonderful, pretty and tasty gift! Thank you for sharing at Gma’sPhoto ge•ner•ic Linkup Party #10.
    Take care and best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does! It's delicious and such a unique gift. Thanks for stopping by, Debra. I appreciate the comment.

      Delete
  10. CONGRATS Jennifer! Your post is FEATURED at the #UnlimitedLinkParty 141!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Dee. I'm so happy to hear it!

      Delete
  11. Peach anything is one of my favorite flavors and this looks absolutely delicious! Am printing the recipe off now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm so glad, Rebecca. Peach is divine, I think! I'm sure you'll enjoy this one! Thanks so much for stopping by and for the comment.

      Delete
  12. Jennifer, this sounds so delicious! I'm excited to feature your post this Friday at the Crazy Little Love Birds link party. I'm going to make this recipe soon.
    Thank you for joining us at party #16. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful news! Thank you so much for featuring this recipe at CLLB, Stephanie!

      Delete
  13. Congratulations!! Your post will be featured at Gma'sPhoto ge•ner•ic Linkup Party #11

    ReplyDelete