Thursday, September 24, 2020

Tomato Bisque

I'm kind of a tomato soup snob.

I love tomato soup, but it has to be GOOD tomato soup.

This tomato soup recipe is my favorite one, in part because it's ridiculously simple and fast, but mostly because it's delicious.  It's even got some extra hidden vegetables in it, so that's a win-win in my book.  We *love* this soup at my house.

TOMATO BISQUE

PREP TIME:  5 minutes
COOK TIME:  10 minutes

INGREDIENTS
  • 64-oz. bottle of V-8 juice
  • 28-oz. can crushed tomatoes, undrained
  • 1 tsp. basil
  • 1 c. powdered creamer (like in the coffee aisle) + 2 c. water (original recipe:  2 c. half-and-half)

DIRECTIONS
Whisk the powdered creamer and water together in a large soup pot.  Stir in juice, tomatoes, and basil.  Heat through to just boiling.  Serve.

Try this recipe, then comment and let me know how you like it!  And Pin it to Pinterest to save and share using the image below.

To print this recipe, hit the "print" button below.  If you don't see the print button, scroll back up and click on the title of this blog post, then scroll back down and you'll find the button below.

10 comments:

  1. There is nothing like a good bowl of tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich on a cold Winter's day. We have snow on the ground in my world and I am over it already. I am definitely going to have to try this recipe soon! Visiting you from Senior Salon Pit Stop and I hope you have a wonderful week!

    Jennifer
    https://jugglingmidlife.com/senior-salon-pit-stop-294-welcome-to-the-party/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Tomato soup and grilled cheese is perfect! I know what you mean--I'm over snow by pretty much the next day. ha Thank you for stopping by, Jennifer!

      Delete
  2. Jennifer, this would be perfect with a grilled cheese sandwich! Thank you for sharing your tomato bisque recipe with us. Visiting from Will blog for comments #22. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how we always eat it! It's just perfect. :) Thanks, Stephanie! You, too.

      Delete
    2. That's the best way to eat it! Thank you so much for sharing your recipe with us at The Crazy Little Love Birds link party #22

      Delete
    3. Absolutely! Thanks for hosting, Stephanie.

      Delete
  3. I love tomato soup! This sounds sooo good. Saved.
    Visiting today from gen.er.ic Linky #7&8
    {{Hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too, Paula--and this really is a delicious recipe in addition to being so fast and easy. )

      Delete